Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Girls Getaway....Baltimore & D.C



Just got back from Baltimore and D.C with my mom and Kathryn (the trip was our third official girls-getaway and a Christmas Present from Mom and Dad!) It was another fantastic time filled with history, museums, laughing and bonding!

We started in Baltimore, which was wonderful, before this trip Baltimore had never crossed my mind as a place to visit. So I was very pleasantly surprised how much Baltimore had to see and do. We took 2-free tours, given by the Tourist Board, which were some of the best town tours I've been on, and they were free. We then went out to Fort McHenry and of course dinned on crab and other delicacies of the sea!





Once we finished our fun on Baltimore, we headed over to D.C (might I add that I LOVE the train system that the East Coast has-its so refreshing to not have to take a car everywhere!). Once in D.C, we did our best to cram as much into our 5 days as possible. We saw all the memorials (during the day and night), went to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving, the Natural History Museum, the Capital, the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, the National Archives, the Portrait Gallery, the White House, the Holocaust Museum, Arlington National Cem., the Americam History Museum, and Mount Vernon. Then, when Mom and Kathryn had to catch a flight home, I added on the American Indian Museum and the National Gallery.

We saw and learned so much, I don't think it would have been possible to get in one more thing!




No comments: